Thursday, April 8, 2010

getting to NYC

Hi there! I am hoping someone out there can help me out, with what I assume is an easy question for any new yorker to answer!



I am going to be in NJ for one night (Morris Plains), then going into NYC (Times Square) for a few nights after.



I have looked at several websites (NJ Transit and PATH), and it seems there a so many options in getting to the city. What I am looking for is the best way to do it! I would like to avoid the bus, as I am not a big fan of bus rides, but I am very open to any other transportation.



Can someone please suggest the best way to get from one place to the other?



any other tips for a first timer in NYC would be appreciated!



getting to NYC


I answered your question on this in the NJ forum. As I wrote there, there is a NJ Transit train station right in Morris Plains. There are no other options other than possibly bus which you don%26#39;t want. Or you can rent a car.





Subways do not run out to NJ. The PATH do not run out as far west as Morris Plains as their website www.pathrail.com shows.



getting to NYC


I know you did, and thank you. I was just posting here to see if anyone else had any ideas.



thank you again




you probably don%26#39;t realize that Morris Plains is quite is about 45 minutes by car from Manhattan





while most New Yorkers won%26#39;t have reason to go out to Morris Plains the reverse is more likely to be true since many people who live in NJ commute to Manhattan for work every day




Search this forum for the words ';first timer'; and you%26#39;ll see dozens of great threads on this topic!

No comments:

Post a Comment