Monday, March 29, 2010

Wicked Tickets

I am trying to buy ';Wicked'; tickets for a Saturday matinee in April. The only available tickets I have found are through ';ticketsnow';, which I accessed through ';broadwaybox';. The tickets range in price from $130.00 to $290.00. Are these prices normal? Can anyone suggest a better way to get tickets?



Wicked Tickets


Hi


You could try ticketmaster.com They sell all the tickets for wicked, and you are able to book, pay for them and arrange to collect them by willcall at the theater on the day of your booking. Thats what we did for chitty chitty bang bang, and were able to get the tickets at the correct price and had no problems collecting them at the box office.



sm



Wicked Tickets


That%26#39;s weird - Ticketmaster coming up with no tickets for any of the Saturday matinees?





I got my tickets for later this month on TM in late November so I don%26#39;t think they can all be sold out already, maybe just a ticketmaster problem? Either give them a call or keep trying the website over the next couple of days.





I paid $110 each for centre row J tickets




You might be out of luck, as far as purchasing tickets at the regular prices. This show is a big hit and even several months in advance it can be hard to score seats for a weekend show.





Would it be at all possible to change your date to an evening performance during the week? I went to Ticketmaster.com and some were available during April at the regular prices.




Oh, yes, that%26#39;s right--ticketmaster DOES say they release more tickets closer to the date. I got mine about three weeks before (but it was for a Thursday evening show). If you want to take a chance, waiting might work.




If you%26#39;re going to pay above the face value for tickets, you might check applause-tickets.com They sometimes have better deals. Sat. matinees in April seem to be $149 or $169. You could also check newyork.craigslist.com or ebay.




Thanks to everyone for your help. We will be in NYC April 26th-May 1st. NYWHIZ, I panicked after reading the other posts and ordered tickets for the Thursday night. THEN I saw your excellent suggestions. I was afraid I might end up with no tickets at all. Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment