Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Embassy Suites Hotel

Hi everyone and Happy New Year! I think it%26#39;s safe to say I%26#39;m officially addicted to this forum. You all have been such an inspiration that I have decided to change my summer vacation plans of a 2 day stop in NYC then onto Cape Cod, to coming to NYC for 6 days instead. I%26#39;m now considering the Embassy Suites since the reviews are so good and the price is reasonable. However, I am somewhat concerned about the location. Is it really out away from everything? Any input would be greatly appreciated!



Embassy Suites Hotel


I am glad you are excited about your trip. The question you asked tho will get many varied replies. It really depends on what you want and what you consider important. It sounds like a great place and my friends enjoyed it. The downside was having to take the subway or cabs to most places other than downtown area. But they liked going to the quiet area at night and didn%26#39;t venture out much. I%26#39;ve been 3 times and prefer paying a bit more and being close to the excitement. It%26#39;s nice to be able to walk to the theaters, Rockefeller Center, 5th Ave., ESB, Central Park, etc., especially if you don%26#39;t want to take up the whole day or people split up for a few hours. I don%26#39;t go to NYC for quiet at night, I have that at home...lol. I go for the vibrancy, people, sights and sounds. Especially if it is your first visit, it seems to make more sense to be in the midtown/theater area. Now of course if you are going for different reasons,then do what will make you most comfortable.



Embassy Suites Hotel


Im in the hotel right now - really nice suite overlooking the Hudson. Hotel is ace.



Easy to get about - just jump in a cab or a subway if we%26#39;re heading up to Times Sq etc....



I%26#39;d recommend it.




we stayed there a few weeks ago and it has amazing views and you feel like you get a breath of fresh air down there!





We came the week before xmas and midtown was heaving and it really is nice to get away from the crowds at night. Last time we stayed at the crowne plazza and my head felt wonky after a few days like I needed space if you know what I mean and I am someone who loves busy busy cities etc.





If you have small kids it can be a bit of a pain getting the stroller up and down the subway etc but to be honest it wasnt so bad.





I think in the summer it would be lovely downtown in the evenings I found it relaxing just wandering around downtown a bit more!





it is fab for the cost and the breakfast is lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment