Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Affinia Dumont vs Benjamin

I%26#39;ve narrowed it down to these two hotels - has anyone stayed in both? If so, which would you recommend for first time visitors? Appreciate you thoughts.



Affinia Dumont vs Benjamin


I havent stayed at either, but I have stayed at the Affinia 50 (which was lovely) right next to the Benjamin which I think is in an excellent location. Safe, central and easy walking distance to lots of attractions.



Affinia Dumont vs Benjamin


I would agree with tripgirl that I%26#39;d have a preference for the location of the Benjamin, but many tourists like the location of the Aff. Manhattan which is a bit closer to Times Square. I just prefer NOT being so close to Times Square and having less touristy dining options. The Benjamin is a short walk, cab ride or bus ride from the theater district/Times Square. Don%26#39;t know if you realize they%26#39;re both owned by the same co.





The Benjamin is suppposed to be a posher hotel than the others in the Affinia group in terms of service and style, but most of the other Affinia hotels have now been renovated more recently than the Benjamin so I have heard complaints of worn carpets/furniture etc. at the Benjamin. If you read the first review listed here, they complain about poor temperature control in the room, a common problem in some of the older buildings.





The Affinia 50 would also be my first choice in terms of room size and location, but the Benjamin is right near it if you prefer that. The Kimberly is another all suite hotel right near there too that people like. You will enjoy any of these that you choose. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment