Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Visiting In September for Yankees Game

I know it%26#39;s early but I like to plan ahead. My husband and I are planning a trip in September and are looking at the Novotel. I read it%26#39;s close to the subway and that%26#39;s how we are planning to get to the game. Should I look into something else. We want a 3 star hotel and close to Times Square. Thanks for any suggestions. It%26#39;s our first time.



Visiting In September for Yankees Game


I don%26#39;t know much about hotels (since I don%26#39;t stay in them because I live here. Haha.), but I do have advice about the subway and Tmies Square.





It%26#39;s perfectly ok NOT to stay in Times Square. TS is full of tourists, and you might have a more intersting and in-depth experience staying in another neighborhood.





Everything in Manhattan is so close (within a short walk or a short subway ride), that you don%26#39;t need to stay right next to TS.





To get to Yankee Stadium you need to do is find the #4, D or B trains. These take you directly to the Stadium. If you stay on the Upper West Side, for example, you%26#39;ll be very close to the B and D. If you stay at the Hyatt at Grand Central, you%26#39;ll be near the #4. Or you can stay in TS and walk to the B and D at 42ndSt. /6th Ave at Bryant Park.





Bascially, don%26#39;t let being near TS tie you down.





I see you%26#39;re from upstate (beautiful area!) Get a good map and see how close and convenient everything is. Personally, I love the Not For Tourists guides. A wonderful ';little black book'; that has everything you need to know.





www.notfortourists.com/newyork.aspx



Visiting In September for Yankees Game


Thanks for your advice. It was very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment