Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Early Riser

My wife and I will be at the Michaelangelo 1/4-1/8. Many posts deal with safety, and I%26#39;m happy to hears from you native New Yorkers that the streets are ok in New York. However, I am cursed with an early morning alarm clock. I usually awaken between 4:30AM and 5:30AM. My wife is a more normal sleeper, so I usually find things to do while she sleeps. There are a few coffee shops close to the Michaelangelo and I wanted to get the thoughts from you about how safe a stroll that time of day would be.



Early Riser


Extremely safe.



Early Riser


I should add that I love walking around Manhattan in the early morning hours when it is not so crowded and hectic yet.




There%26#39;s a French Braserie called Maison on 55 st and 7th ave. that%26#39;s open 24/7 that would be a bit nicer than a coffee shop. ;) It%26#39;s safe but as we say, in any city just be aware of your surroundings. That%26#39;s a fun time to go downtown and maybe take a ride on the Staten Island ferry if it%26#39;s not too freezing.




I have the same feelings as Iddy the previous writer. The sunrise is splendid and especially when your not in a big crowd. Smell the fresh baked bread at the cafes etc...



Take a jogg through central park if your intothat sort of thing.




Thanks all....I am 56 and been through 2 back surgeries, so jogging is out. I do swim 1/2 mile 4 days a week, but the east river is probably too cold....I%26#39;ll miss my YMCA




There are a few public pools around, but I don%26#39;t think any open 24/7. You can also get daily passes at the YMCA as well if you want to get a swim in.




I see there is a YMCA less than a mile from the Michaelangelo. I will call them and see if my membership is good there. And what time they open. According to my info, they have 2 pools.




Maison is actually on 53rd, not 55th. I agree that it would be a wonderful early morning possibility.




The Vanderbilt Y on East 47th Street does indeed have two pools and opens about 5 AM. You should inquire about whether your local membership would be honored there. Also, before you go there to swim, check to make sure one or both of the pools is actually available for laps at the time you intend to go. They block out certain periods for classes, etc.


  • cosmetics brands
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment