Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Bedrooms in private houses offered to tourists: how to be...

I%26#39;ve been suggested to take a look at craigslist.org looking for cheap accomodations in NYC. I%26#39;d say there are some very interesting offers, but how to be sure?



I mean, it is almost always requested to pay in advance at least part of the money, and once paid it%26#39;s just a matter of trusting the other person? You have to trust that the person you talk to(and give your money to) is who he\she says he is and actually willing to alllow me into one of his bedrooms?



I am 6.500 km. away from NYC, and I would not have any way to check before I actually get there.



Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.



Bedrooms in private houses offered to tourists: how to be...


that is basically the gist of the problem





even though I live in the USA, unless I take the time and physically go to the place, I wouldn%26#39;t know either





and even if you know the house exists



how would you know that the bedroom is really available?





it%26#39;s just like eBay



risks because it is ';cheap';



and when you run into problems, you are in Italy and the courts and police are here in the USA



Bedrooms in private houses offered to tourists: how to be...


Don%26#39;t know if reading this might help



newyork.craigslist.com/about/scams.html

No comments:

Post a Comment